Beginning in 2023, the Spinks Family Foundation is streamlining its grant process to better align with our mission and focus areas and to provide a set application period for both small and large requests.
Small Grant Requests (Less than $5,000)
Requests for cash or in-kind donations are accepted on our website on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly by our staff. Awards will be made in March, June, September, and December.
Large Grant Request Process ($10,000 and above)
Large gift requests of $10,000 and above will be accepted once a year. The application period will open on March 1 and close on March 30. The board will review grants and awards will be made no later than September 15. The grant review process may include a site visit.
We believe that nonprofits are best equipped to determine what projects fit best with our focus areas through the grant process. For large gifts we will fund broadly in the areas of:
- Food Security
- Substance Abuse/Mental Health
Grant Request Narrative
Please submit a narrative that explains why you would like the Spinks Family Foundation to fund your grant request. It is suggested that your narrative contain the following elements:
- Organizational Background – A brief description of your organization’s mission, strategic goals, history, and impact
- Project Description:
- A description of the demonstrated need, goals, target clients and expected outcomes
- A description of how your project fits with the focus areas of our foundation
- A description of how you will use the funds you are requesting
- A description of the assets you will apply to your work – not just money, but also people, partners and other assets
- A description of the expected impact of this project to include how you plan to measure and report your results
In addition to a project narrative, please include the following supporting documents with your request:
- A project budget
- Your organization’s leadership (including Board of Directors)
- A copy of your organization’s latest 990